This IS NOW A $1000-$2000 bid request!
PLEASE SEE THE NEW ZIP FILES WHICH INCLUDES A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ON THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SITE AND A [url removed, login to view] WE WILL NEED DEVELOPED. THIS NEW POWERPOINT FILE ALSO INCLUDES A NEW DESIGN.
We currently have? a Beta version of [[url removed, login to view]] running. We desire to create non-Shockwave version of this same site.
I would entertain a dynamically driven site, but I'm concerned about long-term maintenance of the code. We will entertain any reasonable approach to this project.
Please review these challenges carefully:
1) Using or Creating a menu system that will allow us to maintaining the thousands of links already available in the Shockwave version (each menu is currently a text file on the web, dynamically loaded)
2) Each time a menu link is clicked, it actually goes to a forwarding page. This may not be a problem at all, but it's an important way for us to track the clicks.
3) The Today's Promises devotionals, are on the server in 365 different files...one for each day, so they will need to change each day.
4) The Favorite Links are stored as a Cookie, that will need to be read and saved identically to the Shockwave version.
5) A separate program will need to be developed to check daily, all of the links available, and report links that have gone bad to the administrator. As well, if a link is bad for 48 hours, it will need to be automatically removed from the menu system, or at the very least, the forwarding page will need to have something on it telling users that this site is temporarily out of service. Then, we would leave it to the administrator to regenerate the menus.
The menus are currently edited by our administrator, in the files two files I've zipped together here. There is a separate file for the menu on the 'left' and another for the menu on the 'right'. We generally edit this in a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) and export them as TAB DELIMITED text files. It would be fine if we need to export a different type of file from Excel for the HTML version...if necessary.
Because of the size of this project, I am expecting a bid to be comprehensive, including a detailed description as to how each of these challenges will be addressed. I must have the assurance that ALL BIDS have a clear understanding of the project and it's challenges.
- Troy Lyndon
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
MUST WORK ON ALL POPULAR BROWSERS