I would like a program written in C/C++/Shell script/Perl that will read the first headers of a windows .exe or .dll and return the file version information. The use of Wine libraries is not allowed. The program should return the information, in a machine parsable format (xml), from the "Other version Information" section of the version tab of a .dll or exe properties window
Original File Name
The program will be run on a Unix environment. A mount point will be created on the Unix machine using smbmount. The Program should accept a FQ path name (/mnt/windows/system32/[url removed, login to view]) and return the version information as a string. This string should match the information is if you were logged onto the windows machine, right clicked and viewed properties of the file and viewed the "File Version" info from the Version tab.
Coder will not need to concern themselves with the mounting of the smb path. The program should have some resonable error handling for
1. timeouts (taking too long to read the file)
2. Should the mount dissapear
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The program will be run from FreeBSD 5.x and access Windows SMB/CIFS mounted shares.