Existing scripts hgyah and hgdmoz search the Yahoo and Dmoz directories respectively for domain names that are listed in those directories and which are expired and email them out to [url removed, login to view]
For this bid, the objective is to modify the existing hgdmoz Perl script to use Dmoz RDF for search instead of accessing the [url removed, login to view] website directly (as currently coded).
Two stages to deliverable:
1. Fix provided hgdmoz Perl script so that it mirrors the fixes already implemented in provided hgyah (Yahoo version of script) that prevent a crash of the script after several hours of operation.
2. Modify resulting fixed hgdmoz script to use Dmoz RDF files (see: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]). This will involved download of the current Dmoz RDF files to a directory on the hgdmoz script server every morning at 6am PST, which are then accessed throughout the day by the script whenever an expired domain is detected by the script as per current operation.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
RedHat Linux 8 with Perl 5.6.1.