I need a web bot that collects New York City Real Estate Billing addresses from the public city website.
This should be a perl script that takes a list of BBLs (Brough / Block / Lot) from a comma seperated text file that looks like:
(Please see attached sample input file)
The script should then write an output comma seperated text file in the following format:
Below is a description of how a single such property tax address can be found by a user.
* Go to NYC Department of Finance home page:
[url removed, login to view]
* From the dynamic html menu, under Real Estate Tax, click "Assesment Roll".
* You will be redirected to the Select a BBL page.
* Fill in the form, choose, for example, 3-Brooklyn - for Borough, 1780 - for Block, and 60 -for Lot. And click View to submit the form.
* This submits to one application that returns an html page with some hidden field values to the client, and again submits itself OnLoad to another application on a different server, which return a list of links.
*From the returned list of links, click on the one for "Annual Tax Bill".
* From the result page I need to parse the information under: "Real Estate Billing Address:" and write it into the result file in the format:
"Brooklyn","01780","00060","Raymond Shuman","201 Kosciusko St","Brooklyn","NY","11216-1006"
*The script should take a parameter that will indicate the amount of time to wait between each request for a property address. (it doesn't matter if this will be seconds or milliseconds, or if it will be a command line argument, or in a seperate config file).
*The script should also write a simple log file that will indicate the status for each request,success, time out, or other failures.
* The script must run on a pc, and the coder should specify exactly which version / release of perl he has used.
That's all ;o)
1) Complete fully-functional and coherently commented perl script.
2) Any other configuration files necessary.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
PC running windows xp / 2000