I need a "wiki" like website for Radiology. The website should have an author area for entering the cases and contents and a visitor area for displaying te contents in an interconnected way (as e.g. on wikipedia). this site should be available on a didicated domain and also integrated into a Joomla website.
I need a "wiki" like website for Radiology. The website should have an author area for entering the cases and contents and a visitor area for displaying the contents in an interconnected way (as seen e.g. on wikipedia). Take a look at
[[url removed, login to view]] - they did a website, similar to what I intend. The layout is secondary, but should be still "eye pleasing". The project should be programmed that way, that I can switch between layouts (e.g. on a template basis - I can develop other templates based on the initial layout)
**Details for admin:**
1. In the admin section the admin can assign people who become authors and editors (rights to make entries and changes) for specific sections. The admin should be able to add some infos about them (user id, name, email, some HTML description about the person, including links).
2. The admin also creates the sections, categories and subcategories.
Sections will be in example: Neuro or Chest
Each section will have categories and subcategories.
A category example for a the section "Central nervous system" would be "Anatomy" and a subsection would be "Cranial nerves" (and another subcategory "5th cranial nerve" etc.) Subcategories can go down to fifth level.
Ideally (at the beginning) I would like to have a "Bulk upload" feature for categories. In example I provide pipe delimited data (section|category|subcategory 1|subcategory 2|subcategory 3|etc.) and the system will create automatically all of these categories.
3. The author can create and edit contents in any section and category.
4. The editor can only create and edit his own contents. The section editor is automatically author but has also the rights to edit contents from other authors in his designated section.
5. The admin has all rights which the editors have (can also make changes to contents other people created)
**Details for "back side"/author section**
1. The authors can either login through the start page itself or are automatically recognized and logged in when coming from my Joomla website. (The automatic recognition and login is not crucial.)
2. The author can create contents in any section and (sub)category.
3. To be "released" to the public he needs to check a box (or elsewise). After flagging as "finished", the section editor will be notified.
4. The section editor should be notified if a new entry has been made in his section, so that he can proofread it. He should checkmark it if approved (approved contents will be flagged as "peer-reviewed" in the visitor section)
5. If approved, the author is still able to make changes but will get a warning and also has to type a reason for the editor. In case the original author of the content makes changes (additions etc.), the approved status gets lost and the editor will be again notified (with the reason) and has to approve it again. The original data before the changes should be saved as a backup in case it needs to be retrieved and also for comparison purposes for the editor.
6. The content area should allow to enter text information and also multimedia (mostly images). There will be also a zip-upload feature for large files for which I would prefer to use "ubr_upload" (<[url removed, login to view]>).
7. Each content can be assigned to multiple categories/subcategories.
8. There will be a special section "Teaching files" or "Cases" in which the author can create cases with images and multimedia.
This section will have specific input fields and options which I will provide separately.
The difference between this section and the others will be that after saving a case, the data will be saved in the primary database but also some limited/predefined information should be also saved in a second database of a teaching file server I am running (on the same server). In example patient history, imaging findings, etc.
**Details for "front side" - the user area**
1. Page with "Editorial team" based on the section editors with some HTML infos entered by admin.
2. About us site
3. Disclaimer site
4. Contact site
5. Core "wiki" in which the user can
* search the entire database (search form gives option "search all" or "search in this category", "search articles", "search cases", and also boolean search)
* Browsable database by sections
* If clicked on a section, all categories of this section are displayed.
* If clicked on a category, all subcategories are displayed at the top and below the pages whaich are assigned to that subcategory, etc.
* Browsable database by alphabet
If a visitor clicks on one article, the article should be displayed with the following infos (some may be added later on):
- At the top and at the bottom of the page a tree structure (where is the visitor?) in the following format: section -> category -> subcategory etc.
- Then title
- Main text
- Similar articles (based on keywords etc.)
- Associated keywords/tags (with link showing all other results with same tags)
- Associated cases (based also on keywords and association of cases to articles)
More details should be discussed if you agree.
Again, one nice example in which direction I want to go is [[url removed, login to view]]
I am running also a Radiology community based on Joomla ([[url removed, login to view]]) and would like to integrate it so that my users are recognized and automatically logged in (as authors or users based on admin selection).
I am comfortable with PHP and PERL (would prefer PHP, but PERL is ok)
I am running my own server (windows server 2003 and IIS v6.0) and would be able to install necessary modules (PERL, PHP etc.) etc.
If this turns out to be to my satisfaction, I can guarantee more projects.
Please only conbtact me if you are 100% capable of doing so.
Project should be finished within the next 30 days. (addendums/bug eliminations can be still done after that period)