Script Use: Web Application/Server App
Script Proposed Name: Notify Of New
Script Language: ASP, PHP, similar, whatever works best
Script Idea: I transfer a number of files into my client directories on a daily basis and don't always have time to write to them individually and tell them they have new files to download.
Script Overview: The script should execute at a predetermined interval (configurable) and in doing so compare the contents of prescribed directories (configurable) to that in a .dat file, database or similar maintained for each prescribed directory. The method in which this information is stored is up to the coder. If a file or files are found in a directory that do not appear in it's respective .dat file, database or similar, an email notification is sent to the recipient(s) prescribed for that particular directory. Immediately after successfully sending the email(s) the new filenames are then added to that directories respective .dat file, database or similar. The whole process starts again at the next interval. If files are removed from a prescribed directory then the corresponding entries would be removed from the respective .dat file, database or similar during the next interval of the script but no email notification is sent.
* Must have web-based setup and installation.
* Must have password protected web-based administration page where all configurable fields can be administered.
* Must be able to store multiple email addresses in a .dat file, database or similar
* Must be able to configure multiple directories locally for the script to work with.
* Must be able to turn the script on and off completely (no function) via web based admin.
* Must be configurable to run on either Unix and Windows servers (for sending email).
* Must be able to prescribe multiple directories and be able to assign them to one or more email addresses.
* Must be FAST, accurate and rock solid!
The details of this project are subject to change and I am also open to suggestions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Windows Server 2000+