| Project Description and Scope |
We expect a elegant looking web site that supports a high-level of user interaction.
This site is called [url removed, login to view], it sells collectables from baseball, basketball, soccer and NFL(football).
A general description of what is expected follows.
* You should design and develop a web site that allows users to *log-in* and purchase goods or services. A list of goods and services must be available to the user, as well as a record of the customer's previous purchases (if any). There should be some mechanism for finding items that are for sale, that is, some way to search for items. It is not necessary that your implementation includes thousands of items for sale, but it is important that your system *could* support thousands of items.
**Login should be simple code, nothing too fancy**
* The site should include customer support services, such as account management (changing name, password, address, whatever...), transaction history (reviewing prior transactions, possibly getting status on current transactions).
* A *shopping-cart* type interface for purchasing items should be supported. The idea is to make it as easy as possible for users to make purchases - they should not need to type item names into a form to make purchases - a few mouse clicks should be all that is necessary.
**shopping cart- simple code, nothing fancy. Just make it through PAYPAL so we don't have to deal with credit cards.
* You should provide some way for users to get help with any part of your web site. You don't need to get carried away with the content of the help documents, but you should provide a manageable mechanism for providing detailed help with any part of your web site. Q&A section would be fine, just for login problems and purchase stuff.
You should think about special services that might make your web site attractive to users. You must provide a message board so users can communicate with each other.
Finally, you ***must*** do the message board in [url removed, login to view] and you must use some flash on the website.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
| Implementation Requirements |
**Perl CGI or MS ASP** You must make use of either Perl based CGI programs or ASP scripts in your project. You have to use some flash, but you must also use Perl or ASP for part of your project.
**Database Connectivity:** You must make use of a database system - You must use MS Access and win32:ODBC. If you are not using ODBC, then something very simple(really prefer odbc).
Sessions:** Your site must support the notion of a *session*. HTTP cookies is the most used mechanism for this (languages such as ASP hide these details from the programmer, but cookies are involved).
**E-Commerce:** Your site should support some functionality like *e-commerce*, although it is the basic principals of session-oriented transactions that is important, not the idea of buying something.
As part of the *e-commerce like* functionality of your web site you must consider the maintenance of the system. For example, how are new items (to be sold) added to the system, or how are prices changed? How does a transaction make it to the folks who ship the goods? These issues need to be explored as part of your project. It is not necessary that you provide web-based maintenance facilities, but we would like to see a quick paragraph on how this would be implemented.
The code cannot be generated by programs such as Dreamweaver or ASP Runner.
**The code must be as simple as possible**, with **extensive comments**. If there are any special tricks(would prefer not to use), they must be described thoroughly.
The Access database with the items to be sold does not have to be extensive. We request at least 5 items per sport and a paragraph description of how to add more items to the database.
any questions, please contact me and we can talk in the chatroom if necessary.
* **Windows XP, internet explorer
Webserver being used is IIS.