First, you are free to use any programming language you like. It just has to work the way I want it to.
I am working on a site that will sell premade web designs, similar to templatemonster.com. What I need done is the payment and delivery of the product. Here is the way it should work:
There should be a shopping cart enabling buyers to purchase multiple products at one time. Payment will be handled by PayPal, so it needs to automatically send the money from the buyer's account to mine. After the payment has been recieved, an email needs to be sent to the buyer including instructions for downloading the designs they have purchased. This is how I imagine the downloading process would work:
The user is emailed a password and a link. Upon clicking the link, they are prompted to enter their email and password. Once the password has been entered, they are able to download the product(s) they have purchased. After 3 days, their password no longer works to prevent them from sharing their password with others.
I should also be able to add new products, change prices, etc easily. I don't need a control panel to do this as I am very fluent in HTML and have a bit of experience in programming (C++, PHP, Matlab, etc). But I don't want to have to edit 10 files to add a new product.
Some stats about sales would also be nice. Just a record of how many sales per product per day would be great.
To get this job you must do 2 things first:
1) Show me examples of your work with PayPal!!! Usually when I post jobs here I got a lot of bids that say "I can do it." Not good enough. Show me you can. I need an example of a site you've done that allows people to purchase products through paypal.
2) I require that you provide me the email of someone you have done prior work of a similar nature for.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
PHP, CGI, Python, Perl, MySQL