I currently have a PERL script that will retrieve email from a POP server, parse the information, post some header information to a MySQL database, and backup the email to a directory on the server for later viewing. The script also has the ability to search the archived messages.
This script handles text and HTML emails along with attachments. The only view that it does not handle at the moment is inline graphics on HTML messages. I am looking to have this corrected along with the other following items:
1. Add more information from the header to be stored in the MySQL database (date, Message-ID, In-Reply-To, etc.).
2. Be able to sort the messages by thread, date and author.
3. Be able to modify the archived message if necessary.
4. Be able to narrow the search to specific field in the MySql database or the whole message (currently the search is only the whole message).
Source code should be well documented.
Please state your expertise in PERL and the modules listed below when entering a bid.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Expertise with the MIME::Parser and Net::POP3 modules and PERL