I have two existing perl utilities that form part of a system monitoring utility.
The first is a *nix process and filestore monitor.
It can identify and alert sys admins if things like httpd and mysqld daemons disapeer from a server.
The second runs as an inetd service and returns information
from a message pipe to a socket. (There is a Win Client not covered in this bid that interfaces to this).
I require the following..
A code rewrite and audit to remove bugs and potential security
Now for the tricky parts..
- currently the output from the inetd service is in plain text.
I'd like this messaging encrypted (must be two way encryption) so a future Win Client can decode. - I can supply an encryption
routine that exists in both Perl and VB.
- Currently the utilities only run on *nix platforms or cygwin.
You brief is to modify the utilities so they recognise the platform
they are running on and can monitor processes, email support, monitor filestore and output socket info back to a client
regardless of their Operating System environment.
I believe there are cpan modules such as Win32::Process
that might be of use here.
Currently the utility uses things like ps and df. These are to be replaced with platform independant methods.
knowledge of emulating fork() under Win32 is also required.
knowledge of emulating an inetd service under Win32 is also required.
And finally the config file is a plain text file.
I want it to be an XML based config file.
I orginally wrote this monitor and it has sold a few copies and been quite popular in *nix environment. I,m looking to update
this utility and make it useful to NT/Win2k sys admins.
This is not an easy perl project, as we are removing platform specifics.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Active State Perl