I need to upgrade an existing simple webpage and add some new functionality to it as well. We have a very detailed specification on what needs to be done and you will have a lot of freedom on how exactly you want to achieve this, as long as costs are low and code quality is high. In general, the only requirements are that is uses Perl, reuses existing PostgresSQL tables and existing CSS.?
1. Basic Functionality:
A website todisplay periodically updated content consisting of following visualareas:
1. Header with a banner.
2. Dynamic navigation on the left.
3. Static links on the right.
4. Static footer text.
5. Main content in the middle
The style andlayout should be easily controllable via CSS.
1. Custom functionality:
1. Display an HTML article with:
1. Custom icon from db or a random default in no icon present
2. List of authors with additional info: addresses
4. Link to PDF
5. Link to full-page printable HTML (possibly with alternate CSS)
2. Integration with existing Postgres database:
1. Full-text search of the article title, authors and the article text
2. Cross-reference generation
3. Miscellaneous material page: Colour figures, animation, GIFs
4. Different rules for different article (paper) type
5. Trackback links to social bookmarks websites (one button)
2. Additional coding and fixes:
1. Cleanup of CSS ??" the current theme is based on a Drupal one, produce one simple CSS for each journal.
2. Simple URLs, either human-readable and RESTful or very short.
3. Mod_rewrite rules to redirect existing addresses to the new URL forms
3. Static pages:
1. Notes for authors
4. Software Requirements:
1. Apache 2.x
2. Postgres 8.1.x or migrate full-text search
3. Fedora Core 11
4. Perl 5
Finally we would prefer to run two instances of the software - a full instance on our local server to generate the pages etc and a static copy on the web server accessible to the world, so as to minimise to number of possible vectors of attack.