We need a UNIX shell script that will automate and complete the install of several software packages. Some of the packages include Apache, Bind, proftpd etc. The script needs to work at LEAST on both Linux and FreeBSD.
1) Script needs to be able to be ran from the shell
2) Script should ask user several questions and use the answers when installing programs that need that information. (domain name, etc)
3) Script should use wget or similar to get needed software from the internet
4) Script should read a separate text file for file versions/download paths, etc
5) Entire process should be automated so that the person running the script needs to do nothing except answer a few required questions in the beginning and then just wait for the install to complete.
6) All programs will be compiled from source. NO RPMS/PORTS/ETC!
7) Script should have the ability to enable all/some programs. Example: [url removed, login to view] --disable-apache would install everything except apache.
8) Script should be able to auto detect users Operating System and then use the proper commands. (i.e., useradd on Linux, pw on FreeBSD)
9) Script will install any required programs/libraries that the main programs need.
This script will be somewhat similar to /ports in FreeBSD; only it will install the specific list of software in one script. (Or one install script, I do not mind if there are multiple sub scripts that are called.)
There are approximately 16 programs that will be installed. Some of them come installed by default on most UNIX distros.
We have installed ALL required software and will be able to provide you with desired paths, answers to any install questions, etc.
This should be easy for an experienced shell scripter.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
At least FreeBSD and Linux (RedHat +?)