The final website will allow parents to register their kids for classes.
Also the website will allow simplistic online training of videos we upload and electronic presentations.
Must be done with LAMP, HTML5, Moodle, and any other FOSS technologies required.
The direction we're headed is a site similar to [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] without the animation.
I will need samples of your work. My website must be done with LAMP technologies and Moodle.
We teach computer classes. Here s what I m looking for. See bullet #4 for primary reqts
1) Education website
- today: would like to enroll students into classes online & pay online (we work with [[url removed, login to view]])
- we have about 12 courses and 12 locations. Both are growing so I d like an interface for my admin to add courses, and locations easily
2) Target Market
- highly educated parents (Bachelor s or higher)
- parents that are teachers or work in high-tech
- parents that see their kids have a technical gift
- areas with high SAT scores
3) Corp Identity:
- Computer camps, workshops, and classes with a focus on convenience to travel for parents
4) Facilities on website:
- online registration for classes; auto-emails them camp info after registering
- photo & video gallery
- president s blog, podcasting
- online classes; mainly slide presentations, but would like video training in phase II
- online forum mainly for kids. It needs to CC their parents email accts since they are mostly under 18 years
- updated news about our company...events, press releases, new course offerings
- MAYBE ad links that would advertise only game programming languages (no competitive camps)
- demo page of kids games & websites that they made
4.5) Would probably need a backend MySQL database so that if they clicked on a location, they would see what courses & dates are avail;
Or, when they click on courses, they ll see the locations & dates, or when they click dates, they ll see what locations & courses are avail
5) Similar sites
- Do a search on computer camps to see what some of the nicer sites look like. We would be happy with good enough
- We d like a style like [[url removed, login to view]] with a mix of [[url removed, login to view]] with Mike & Ike Colors
6) Other ideas:
- I d like the site to be fast & relatively static. No moving things, at least not on home page
- as much open source technology as possible (this is a part of our corporate vision, so
whenever possible we prefer open source)
- Easy for me or my asst to support so we can add & change simple stuff without always going to you
Like I said, open source tech is the most important to us, so I d prefer HTML5 over Flash
Please provide a bid & turnaround based on the above. College students okay to apply.
* Location: Anywhere Worldwide
* Compensation: Please bid ~$500 for entire site (about 25-100 hours) Due Jan 31, 2011