This website will support a new publishing company selling various novels and non-fiction books. The site will provide general information about the company as well as allow authors to have individual accounts which they can access and submit their manuscripts electronically. The website will also promote and sell novels by the company's clients so a shopping cart (with PayPal and Credit Card functionality) will also be necessary.
The iUniverse ([login to view URL]) and Publish America ([login to view URL]) web sites have functionality similar to what we are looking for.
A description of the manuscript workflow that we are looking for is as follows: Manuscript workflow ================================= 1) User submits Manuscript (action: status displayed to user should be 'Pending Review' internal status should be 'Pending Review')
2) Senior Editor user assigns manuscript to an Editor user (action: internal status should be updated to 'Assigned Review') OR allows for any Editor user to review the manuscript (action: internal status should be 'Available for Review') OR rejects it (action: user status 'Rejected', internal status 'Rejected').
3) Editor user can only work with the manuscripts to which they are assigned.
4) Editor user can also view summary information of all manuscripts with an internal status of 'Available for Review'. If they are interested in a book, they may request that it be assigned to them (provided that they are not over their maximum number of books).
5) Editor may approve manuscript. (action: status displayed to user should be 'Accepted', internal status should be 'Accepted').
6) The Editor shall be allowed to submit revisions to the manuscript at any time. The Author may only submit revisions only if the status is 'Pending Author Work'.
7) The Editor will change the status to 'Editing Completed' once editing is completed.
8) The Senior Editor will then review the manuscript and then change the status to 'Available For Sale'. At this point the manuscript/book can be purchased on the web-site.
1) Project Plan and Schedule within 1 week of acceptance of bid (with Milestones and deliverables mutually agreed upon between Buyer and Seller)
2) The following requirements must be met:
A) The website must be visually appealing (images, layout, etc.) and easily maintainable. We re willing to accept suggestions on the program to use to create/maintain the site.
B) The website shall allow for a user to create their own account. They must enter their contact information (name, address, etc.). The userid will be the user's email address. Upon sucessful registration, a welcome email must be sent. The email must easily be configurable (ie. smtp server, sending account, message text must not be hard-coded)
C) The website shall allow for a user to post a manuscript. If the user is not already logged in, then either they must log-in or create an account.
D) If a user forgets their password, they should be allowed to request that their password be emailed back (after correctly answering a security question, when they created their account).
E) A user should always be allowed to view their own manuscripts. The user may upload revisions to the manuscript under certain circumstances describe in the Manuscript workflow below.
F) Senior Editor user can change status of manuscript and Editor at any time.
G) The manuscript submission shall allow for the author to enter summary information about the book. This includes title, short description, genre, number of pages, and marketing plan. The user should be allowed to attach a file (representing the manuscript).
H) All books available for sale shall have their picture, short description, and price. If the user clicks on the detail link or the picture they will be taken to a detail page. On the detail page they can add the book to their shopping cart.
I) There must be a mechanism to create privileged users such as Senior Editor and Editors.
3) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
4) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
4) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Windows NT/2000/XP, Unix (Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX)
JSP/Java Servlets (or Perl/PHP) (please specify which in your bid)