There are two parts to this project:
[url removed, login to view] first part of this project is very simple. We are moving hosting companies and need someone to do this for us during a non-peak hour on the weekend. The site is [url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view] second part is a little bit more involved, but still straight forward and simple. The current web host hosts our site and a backend shopping cart. We would like to upgrade this cart to perform more functions. I will let the coder choose what cart to use, but it must meet the following requirements:
· Run on a unix/linux server (no asp)
· Cart must be able to store credit card numbers for users to retrieve and also be able to later do real time charges
· Must capture an email address and have a newsletter like function that let’s the user opt in or out of hearing about updates to our products
· Offer a comparison of the items in the cart to other related subscription services and show the difference in price. This is the only part of the project that will require coding (I haven’t seen this in any off the shelf carts). Let me give an example. We sell books on our site currently, but we would like to sell subscriptions to these books. Please look out the site currently:
[url removed, login to view]
So we will have individual books for say 15-20 dollars and sell subscriptions for one year at 30-50. When they try to check out with an individual book, the system should say, “Your order of 3 Buick books total $45. Since we usually put out 3 books a year, the totally you would save by buying a subscription would be $45??
Very simple, just extracting some variables and simple math.
I propose I set up a parallel site where the coder will work on the project until finished, and then change the dns servers over the weekend.
Please do not make generic statements on bids. Please let me know what shopping cart program you would use in your bid. Please only bid if you have done at least 5 jobs on rentacoder or somewhere else.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).