We are a small wireless ISP, and would like to install some wireless WiFi hotspots. To centralize authentication, we were planning to use RADIUS to authenticate hotspot clients, and have a Sun Cobalt Raq 550 (running Cistron RADIUS and MySQL) available for this purpose.
We want the new client sign-in process to be fully automated, i.e. let clients choose their own user name, password and term of service from their browser, enter their credit card information and be given access to the Internet only after their credit card has been approved. If you have used a wi-fi hotspot at Starbucks you will know what we are after.
We are able to write the html for the redirection, log-in, log-out, credit card and renewal pages, but need someone to write scripts for the following:
1. To submit the client-selected user name, password and term of service to the RADIUS server.
2. Allow access to the network once CC approval has been obtained. We use Mirotik (Linux) routers that have RADIUS authentication capability (although we haven't tested this capability) so suspect that this should be relatively simple.
3. Shut-off access at the router once the alloted time has expired.
4. Generate a monthly useage/accounting report from RADIUS or MySQL for each wireless hotspot.
1. Credit card authorization will be handled by [url removed, login to view] or another source and code is not required for this purpose.
2. The MikroTik router has hotspot and redirection capabilities built-in, but Mikrotik requires that a username, password and term of service be predefined by the system administrator. I see no automated way to pass this information along to the client. Nevertheless, since some of the capabilities we need already exist there, we are open to handling the authentication and access completely in the Mikrotik instead of through RADIUS if that would be simpler.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Sun Cobalt Raq 550
MikroTik (Linux) O/S