I have built several social networks on a custom built platform, with a structure which is now outdated. I need to set up a new platform that can do all the things that our current platform can't. All things are common sence of today.
Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, I am thinking that what I need already exists. I just need someone to find it and can set it up for me.
1. It shall be based on an existing MVC, like CakePHP. I don't know which one is best - convince me.
2. I need some kind of plugin/add-on/script that gives me some basic tools for a community, social network (see details for the features I need)
3. A HUGE plus is if you can show me an existing site that already uses the setup you recommend.
4. My client always come to me for basic community features, and then they want custom applications built, which is the reason for their development. Adding new features must be simple. I don't want any kind of black box.
The features we have today in our basic package are:
open forum (for all)
Our current problems:
* design and coding not separated
* different coders using functions without us knowing exactly where each one is used, hence we can't cleanup code
* mix of css, with internal and inline css
Anyone who is interested can visit [url removed, login to view] which is built using this framework, to see an idea of what kind of clients we have.