I am the owner of the website [[url removed, login to view]]. This is a crime-website, that displays the latest reported crimes in the whole of the Netherlands, a bit similar to <[url removed, login to view]>.
i would like to have an iphone-app that does the following:
* when booting up, it gives the user option to check his location by gps or by 4-digit zipcode.
1) the main screen displays a list of the latest crimes in his 4-digit area. It displays:
- Headline "[Mishandeling/geweld op de Weidehek in Breda]"
- subheading: 12-11-2009, 17:07
- a photo displaying the crime-type (available in xml)
* when clicking on a crime, a next screen shows the full text of the crime, including a small google map-link displaying the streetlevel of the crime
2) the second screen (or second "tab" at the bottom of the screen) is all about the general safety of this zipcode. Here it shows:
* which are the most common crimetypes (5.38.9 screenshot)
* which rating do inhabitants of your city give where the zipcode is in (e.g. 1091 is zipcode in Amsterdam)? Scale 1-5 in stars, where 1 is very bad, and 5 is very good.
3) screen displays live-messages from fire- and ambulancedepartment for the selected zipcode (also available in xml)
4) Settings screen shows a link to a help page and option to fill in a zipcode to get push-messages as soon as a new crime in his area is reported.
I have all the data already available in xml-files and xml-requests, so that's no problem.
I included in the zip-file the design and screens for the app.
I have the following rss-services:
1) service to convert x/y coordinate (from gps-location) to 6-digit zipcode:
[[url removed, login to view]<wbr />dev/coord2zip/[url removed, login to view]<wbr />longitude=6.14978676&latitude=<wbr />53.49024845&radius=5]
2) xml-feed which displays almost all data needed: [url removed, login to view], where XXXXXX is a 4 (3841) or 6 (3841KV)digit zipcode.
3) a third xml-feed will deliver additional "news"-content additional to the news messages in 1).
This feed is not yet ready, i have asked an external programmer to build this asap. If this doesn't happen fast enough, i may ad this as an additional task to this project.
The only thing to be built is:
1) the app itself with the xml-connection
2) the push-mechanism
When someone starts app, the udid with timestamp should be stored in mysql-database.
Option needed to display message in app when user starts the app (e.g. for promoting other apps, informing them on new version, informing them on problems, etc.). Should be done via configfile on server.