This is a low budget, personal project. No GUI is required (though would be nice) as all data can be easily displayed through spreadsheets (I believe).
Can be either built for use on a server, or an executable. Dependent on which is more expensive/difficult.
Brief description of tasks (important):
1) Fetch data from "http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/[url removed, login to view]" at time intervals specified by user.
2) Write data into spreadsheets, with the following information:
a) Item name
b) Item's current price
4) Be able to display price increases/decreases over certain time spans, etc..
3) Be able to display specific information through filters.
OPTIONAL (Depending on cost to implement)
1) Data update triggered via tweets from "[url removed, login to view]" with delay (specified by user)
2) G.U.I. with Auth panel (Encrypted, connects to auth server)
3) Graph individual data (w/ filters), graph multiple items at once (w/ filters)
4) Real time updates via email/twitter
AS stated, this is optional and does not need to be considered if it will effect costs majorly.
More inside :)
Thanks for your interest. Here I will go into details of the whole project.
The program can be either web based, or desktop based, depending of both feasibility, development time, and cost.
The program itself does not have to have a GUI, as long as all requirements listed below can be met and used reasonably easily by a user.
Description - This program will grab data from "http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/[url removed, login to view]" as it is updated and write the data to a database. Older data will be used to update averages of prices, increased prices, decreased prices and display price progression over time spans (which will be specified by the user).
Program will run non-stop, and update data every few hours. As a result, must be reliable, and efficient.
1) Able to fetch data
2) Able to write data to database
3) Able to update information, and create backups of older information
4) Able to search with the following filters:
A) Greatest price increase/decrease for ____ days.
B) Greatest average increase/decrease for ____ days.
C) Restrict search to prices above/below _____ price.
D) Maximum profit items over ___ days
(Guesses based on fetched data, created averages, etc..)
(Uses item purchase restrictions)
| ----------- |
| Item | Max quantity per 4 hours | Item | Max quantity per 4 hours | Item | Max quantity per 4 hours |
| Log | 25,000 | Fish | 20,000 | Arrow | 10,000 |
| Ashes | 10,000 | Food | 10,000 | Arrowtip | 10,000 |
| Ore | 25,000 | Herb | 10,000 | Bow string | 10,000 |
| Bar | 10,000 | Potion | 10,000 | Unstrung bow | 10,000 |
| Gem | 5,000 | Talisman | 5,000 | Armour | 100 |
| Battlestaff | 100 | Spirit shard | 10,000 | [God Wars] equipment | 10 |
| Bone | 10,000 | | | Discontinued item | 2 |
| Flatpack | 100 | | | | |
This is basically all the program needs to be able to do, and as a result, should hopefully not be too complicated to do. Below is some optional features that can be considered, but ARE NOT REQUIRED in this project.
Optional features -
A) G.U.I - This would be a nice touch, but not required if it raises
price marginally, and program can function easily without.
B) Live feedback via Twitter and Email - Will report live feedback of
the top ____ items in each filter via Twitter and Email.
C) Graphs - Graphs data with filters, as well as graphs multiple
pieces of data at once. Not sure how hard this would be.
Thank you for reading,
Please consider my project, and bid :)
Budget is extremely limited ( preferably below a hundred )