-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Download mails from exchange/pop3 servers and save the same as .msg files (Outlook Message Format)
-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The userid/password and Server details to be parameterized using a config file
-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Naming convention of the .msg files could be generic and parameterized
-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? To, CC’s, subject, mail body (Text data) should be available as data elements
-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Date & Time details of received must be available
-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? All attachment details available as filename, size, type
-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Whole email with attachment to be stored as .msg file
Can use some standard library for the generation of .msg files. Should work on linux/windows systems.
No dependency on outlook etc.
The files downloaded should open in outlook by just clicking on the files
The program can run as single thread or multi thread. It can be scheduled using a scheduler
Should have a method to call a webservice for integration of mail data with external systems
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Dec 24, 2009 1:35:43 PM:
Please see my reply to so many bidders, thanks for your response.
1. Unique identifiable with configurable naming convention MSG file need to created after downloading complete email with Subject, To/CC/BCC, Date & time along with body (text, images, HTML etc) and attachments
2. Some of responders have asked while some have not mentioned in their reply.
This application should additionally provide ability to provide data to other external system using web service method. Data elements to be provided would be as follows.
Email Address To, CC, BCC
Received Date , time
Body (text data)
Attachment details like size, file name, file type
External systems (outside this email popper application) need to use these data elements for further analysis and consumption.
3. Config file need to store POP3/Exchange connection and credential details like IP, port, userid, password. It would require to create simple program to take these inputs and create config file with password in the same encrypted.
4. This can be Linux based or Windows based application and can be done in Java or MS .net C# or VB.net.
5. It can use copyright free libraries available if required, however no dependency on outlook libraries.
6. Email ids can be anything (gmail, hotmail, aol etc.) as asked by some. It does not matter as long it is exchange or Pop3 supporting email hosting.
7. Redmond Soft - Readymade solutions? not aware if there is please do tell.
8. Exchange version not defined but hoping this code can be compatible with most versions. We can confirm one specific version for testing as exchange 2003 or 2008 before the project, scope would still be same.