I require a simple flash driven chat application with the same functionality as at this link:
[url removed, login to view]
* On open of flash app the users is prompted for a nickname
* Interface displays current users in list down righthand side
* Chat window displaying text messages submitted by users and system messages of when users join/leave
* Users given the ability to choose the font of their messages and select their status (online / away)
* Clicking a users name in the chat window or user list opens a new tab for chatting directly with that user
* Must be able to handle a large number of concurrent connections. 1000+
* Chat is real time
* Admin ability to kick and ban users by ip
* Flood prevention (user is prevented from submitting mesages faster than 1 a second)
* App is passed a string via the html which determines the chat room. eh. 'cats' is passed to the app in the html so any users loaing the app from that html page is placed in a 'cats' room.
The application needs to run on a windows server, and if using a database must use ms sql server. If server side scripting is required then I'd prefer .Net.
I'm not sure of the development method that should be used so will select based on the proposals put forth. (ie. database / xml driven, socket connection etc..). Is must be fast and able to handle large amounts of traffic / connections.
I'm not concerned if you use an existing application however do want full access to source code.