We have lectures in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. These lectures are in Flash format and available on the Internet. We wish to distribute these lectures on a CD BUT would like to ensure that no piracy happens. For this suggested process is:
1. Lectures are? loaded in MySQL database.
Data structure will be Course Name, Subjects, Topics, Chapter and Articles
Each course can have many subjects. Each subject can have many topics. Each topic can have many chapters. Each chapter can have many Articles. Lectures are stored in Article field. Rest of the fiels are only for navigation purpose
2. Database with lectures is made into executable files so that lectures cannot be copied
3. Database application is put on a CD or DVD and sent to users
4. User loads it on their PC
5. Application picks up machine id of PC and asks for user id and password and then connects to the Internet for verification. User is prompted to connect to the Internet if s/he is not online.
6. Once connected to the Internet user is validated and machine id is sent to the central server. Term of use is passed on by Central server to local PC.
7. Central server will not allow same lectures to be run on different PC UNLESS user surrenders previous machine id
8. During valid period and on allowed machine user should be able to easily navigate and see the lecture of choice.
9. Application should stop running once term of course is over. However Central server should be able to pass on renewed term if user has taken extension.
10. APPLICATION SHOULD BE 100% SECURE