For our web store, we need to have products imported automatically and removed when they are no longer available.
Our supplier makes a daily CSV export of their catalogue available to us. This contains information like products, categories, prices and availability. For product information (description, specifications, image), they supply an ICEcat URL with each product.
We need to have the products of our supplier imported into our Magento database automatically, on a daily basis.
New products should be added, products that are no longer available removed and changed products should be updated. Furthermore, Product categories should also be in sync with those used by our supplier.
Specifications and links to images should be fetched from ICEcat and added to the product in our Magento database. As these are subject to change, they also need to updated at least once a day (or hotlinked from ICEcat).
Aditionally, Magento needs to be configured to accept common payment methods such as Credit Card, Paypal and iDeal (dutch payment service). For this we do not wish to use a broker service that charges a percentage or fixed price on each transaction on top of the cost of the payment services.
* Required knowledge/experience: Magento, ICEcat
* If possible we would like this developed as a Magento extension.
* Magento by default only supports locally stored images. We need to be able to hotlink images from ICEcat instead.
* Apart from the products of our supplier, we need to have a category with our own exclusive products. This category must remain untouched by the daily operations of adding and removing products/categories.
* The design should be scalable (i.e.: we may need to add catalogues from a large number of suppliers (50+) at a later stage).
* All work should be documented