I need help to create a "sidebar extension" for at least the mainstream browsers (IE/FF/Chrome/Safari).? Once loaded the extension will display a webpage that displays related information on the page the user happens to be looking at in a browser sidebar.
I can create the webpage itself (loaded from a http url), but need the browser extension to open said webpage. It will need to be able to read the URL of the currently loaded page (which can be any website), and get notification when the user clicks a link. ?
Outline of what I need:
* Browser extension - that loads a special webpage in a sidebar.?
* Versions for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome and ideally Safari (negotiable).?
* Installation programs that the end-users can use to install this? extension, for example an .xpi file for FF, and material ready to submit to Chrome Extensions gallery.?
The objective is to have the prototype page displayed in the end-users browsers, if doesnt need actually an extension then the information to get it running is enough.?
* Source - so can tweak if required.?
* The source of the final webpage (well the server that powers it) and the extension might be later released under GPL, but probably not initially.?
* I can provide details of the final use for the extension, just think it simpler keep it generic for now.