This is a video game server client based on the UDP/TCP protocol. The game is developed in XNA using the Lidgren network api. The server will be based on two parts.
1. Master Server
* Feeds game list to client in seralized xml format.
* Account database (MySql)
* Client starts a new process which
* Sends game information to the master server (name, server ip/port, players) periodically.
* Allows players to connect to
* Allows players to communicate while they wait for game to start.
* Each "process" is a new server instance.
* Each server has a specific port in a range of ports.
* Only a set amount of processes are allowed to be started before the server is considered full
* Servers will be communicating small periodic updates to the client via UDP and allow chatting amoungst players on the server. Information based on location, damage, health, etc.
* You will be allowed to reconnect to a server if you disconnect.
Thats basically all. It is really not that complicated. I can explain a bit better over MSN. Most of that stuff listed is client side. Mostly it is just a server that sends data back and forth to the client.
**Requirements** you should have a strong understanding of how to program a network environment. I want it to be very secure, and fast.