I have a new Wordpress website project. This will be for a business coaching program for entrepreneurs. It's a year-long membership, and this website will be where members go to access content provided by the program leaders and to interact with other members. It is called Mind Money Meaning.
There are two sections: the content area of the site, where members can watch videos, download PDFs and get content posted by the program leaders, Bryan and Jennifer. The other section is a forum where members can interact and meet with one another.
Most elements of the site are features of standard Wordpress plugins and add-ons: Digital Access Pass membership plugin and bbPress Forum (or any forum you may prefer if you think it will be easier). The forum area will need special customization for the features requested by the clients, Bryan and Jennifer.
I've attached a spreadsheet with the components of the site listed and features for each. I have my notes on the sidelines.
I'm also attaching page layout sketches for the customized areas so that you can visualize what I need and understand the level of programming required.
Here is a list of some of the functionality we want (which you will see in the attached MMM Web sitemap file)
* We will need a landing page template for a few pages we hang off the site that are not part of the navigation (ie Affiliate Page, Sales Page)
* We will want the extra navigation to show in this banner AFTER they login (since nonmembers can't access these pages)
* We templates for the main pages of the site (some with navigation, some without, etc.)
* We want a login and member protected area of the site where we can manage and upload training modules: videos, audio, and pdfs for members only. We will likely have 50 of these uploads, but all will not be ready when we get started so we'd like to be able to add as we go; the modules that are unavailable but coming soon will be greyed out in some manner.
* We want to have a forum which should have grouping capabilities. There will be one main forum and then forums for groups of members. The administrators need to manually groups members. Here threads of discussions would appear on the page (latest to earliest) and people can either Reply to these threads and/or begin New Threads.
* Members will have a section on the forum for their specific group, called the Virtual Board Room.
* There is a Virtual Board Room that they will be divided into in groups of 5 members. We'd like each member to have a share a Virtual Board Room page with the other 5 [url removed, login to view] will need to be able to edit this page with comments and interacting with one another. They will be posting text, called their Pending Goals, for the group every week. We'd like these viewed as most recent then a button for 'View All' which would then collapse/uncollapse the history of all Goals.
* Each person would record their goals for the week in the Virtual Board Room section. Members will rate one another as a group on how they are doing with achieving goals. A number entry will need to show up next to each profile of each member, the number the members assign manually. This is each member's Ranking Number.
* The Virtual Board Room would also be the location where the members would record their meeting minutes. These entries would also be viewable as latest to earliest (showing only the latest) unless you click on the 'View All' button which would uncollapse the rest of the info.
* The rest of the forum will be accessible by any member, like any traditional forum. The Virtual Board Room sections of the Forum will be the only sections with restricted access to group members and Administrators only. Check out
[[url removed, login to view]] for a sense of the branding / colors / imagery that we'd like to use.
This project is on a tight deadline. It needs to at least have SOMETHING in place for members to log onto and start using by January 13, 2010. I need to have this back and be testing it by January 10, 2010--at least the major components. We can tweak and continue with the special programming as needed, but we need the main site in place at this time.
Please review, ask me the questions you have and consider your estimate. If you can get back to me with your estimate in the next 24 hours, we can roll forward and begin! Thank you very much!