I need a CMS for using as news portal system. It will act as an online newspaper to end users.
Please see the details.
Here is the description of the system;
- Users as admins, moderators, editors and subscribers
- Editors will submit news articles
- Moderators and admins will confirm and publish these articles
- Subscribers (optionally any visitors) will be able to comment the articles and other contents with a "bad-word filter" logic.
- Admins will have all the operational and technical rights to manage the system
And here are the modules / features this CMS should have;
- User management
- Subscription management
- Article management (add, edit, delete, publish, archive)
- Archive management
- Category management
- Picture gallery
- Video gallery (.flv)
- Newsletter system (using external SMTP server with authentication)
- Ad and banner management (start - finish times, enable/disable, location to display etc.)
- Internal messaging system
- Poll management
- External RSS feeds that can be configured easily
- Article, page and visitor tracking (number of visits)
- User tracking (last login time is enough)
Other important points;
- Site should be translated (by me) to Turkish easily without changing the codes. I mean, all the interfaces should be written parametric, so that I will only need to edit a few "language files".
- The links should be "search engine friendly". I'm planning to use IIS or WAMP on windows server. So "mod_rewrite" and similar native apache/PHP extensions may not be available (I'm not sure)
- I will only give a "main logo" and "content articles", "content pictures / videos" etc. So every other visual details (like theme, visual effects, animations etc. ) should be provided by the coder.
- I need pure and clean PHP codes which only requires native PHP modules (and maybe Zend framework)
- I need a way to hard-code the script to run for only a "single specific domain" before publishing to live site. I don't want it to be stolen on the hosting server.
- Top articles and related pictures should be very smooth and bug-free.
- I'd like there to be a "last minute news" scrolling horizontally.
- Thumbnail images should be created automatically for using in list of articles.
Most important thing is the front-page. Normally it should look like an online newspaper.
I don't need a clone site but the following link may give you an idea about the front-page; [url removed, login to view]