I need a small development to decrease the load time of the pages. Basically it should be developed as a SINGLE PHP include that I can then incorporate in ALL my Web pages. On avg. at present our pages take 9secs to load ...which I need to reduce by at least 70 - 80% .
The project will do the following:-
0. Remove all white spaces from the HTML code before page is rendered.
1. Check if the browser supports gzip or any other compression method
2. If so incorporate the compression method on the server before the web pages are sent ...my unix server supports gzip.
3. If not send pages without compression
4. Set the last modified date on the header as the greater of the "last update date on the table ns_product_master" or "date" the page script was modified.
5. Incorporate the use of the cache on the browser
6. Set the browser to always check the server for the expiry of the page
Since these are changes to the HTTP header there **should not be any implications** to my existing php script that creates the page.
If you agree to the last statement then it means that if incoporate your code on my server, I should also see a similar performance improvement with no implication on the page contents.
Let me have you **views , quote and development time** .