I am having problems with a form auto-fill on my web site which is written in classic asp and uses a MSSQL 2008 database.
There are two forms on the site where users can submit information. The forms have 3 pages - company information, grade information and user information. If a user begins entering the company name and the name is already in the database a popup appears to the right with likely matches. Clicking on one of the popup areas should auto fill the all of the company information. Currently clicking one of the popups will do one of the following:
Fill in the company name field correctly but no other information
Fill in the company name field correctly and put "undefined" in all other fields.
Doesn't show any popups - when it's known the company is in the database. (This is only on a select few companies)
Relevant Background & Testing Information:
I noticed when I was adding companies to the database that if an apostrophe was used in the company name (Sam's Plumbing) and tabbing to the next field - then all fields would be filled with "undefined". I could then continue to fill out the form deleting "undefined" from each field and entering the correct information and the form would submit OK.
In testing the problem I have found the following:
If a company name has an apostrophe and the popup is selected then all other fields are filled with "undefined"
If a company name has an ampersand (&) and the popup is selected then the company name field will be populated but no other fields are populated
So it appears that if a company name includes a character outside alphabetic then there is a problem with the auto-fill. The exception to this is a "-" which seems to still work correctly.
I need the auto-fill working ASAP and would also like to correct the issue with entering an apostrophe in the company name field as well.