Create a small bit of software for our new USB device. We need this small bit of software created to our users can interact with our usb device.
There will need to be a user profile program created so that the user can create their profile on this USB device and we already have the outline created, then when their profile is complete, they logout and changes can only be made when they enter their user/pass word combination, otherwise it is in view only mode.
1) Insert Life Key Device into a USB port on your computer. Click "OK" when the "Open Form" appears. No software will be installed on your computer.
**Personal Information Section
**2) Type your first name in the top white text box. Use the computers "tab" key to move to the next tab box or click on any text box with your mouse.
3) Continue typing all personal information into each text box.
4) To save a current photo to your device, you first have to have one saved on the computer you are using. Double click on the "Photo" area in the upper right corner. A new window will open.
5) Click "Load File" button in the lower left corner
6) Find the digital photo you want to save to the device on the computers hard drive.
7) Click on the file name to highlight it, then click "Open"
8) In the next window click on "Close"
**Emergency INformation Section
**9) Continue to type the information into all the text boxes on the main form as described above.
10) To enter more information like multiple medications, click twice on the desired text box and enter the information. To return to the main form, click "Close" in the lower left corner.
**Critical Information Section
**11) Click on the "Critical Documents" on the form.
12) Click twice on the document you want to attach to the device.
13) Find the document you want to upload from your computers hard drive. Note - You may have to click on the arrow next to "File Type" and change it to a "Word Document" or "Image" to see the file name you want to save onto your device.
14) In the window that open, type the new name you want to use for the file, then click "OK". If you want to delete a file from the device, click the "X" next to the file name.
15) Repeat to save additional critical documents
**16) Type any notes you wish an EMT or Medical Provider to see when they open the device.
**Optional Password Feature
**You may choose to use a password to prevent others from changing your information. If the password is lost, information will not be able to be changed or updated. Information stored will still be seen when needed by medical staff.
17) To create a password, click on "Password" and enter a password that you can easily remember. Then click "OK".
**Saving Information - You MUST do this to store information onto your device.
**18) Click on "Save Info" in the lower right corner, then click "Close".
**Life Key Use and Notification
**19) Attach the Life Key to your keychain, child's backpack, or any article of clothing.
20) Attach enclosed stickers to your wallet and on the back window of your car.
**Changing Saved Information
**1) Insert the device into your computer's USB port.
2) Open the form and change the information.
3) Click "Save Info" Note - If you created a password you will be asked to enter it now.
4) Click "Close"
**Sign up for our KEY RETRIEVAL Program
**Go to the website www. ___________ and sign up for our key retrieval program. You will receive a sticker to be placed on the back of your device. If your keys are ever lost, all some one had to do is drop them into any postal box and they get sent to us. We will verify they belong to you and have them sent to your door at NO CHARGE. Have the security knowing you will get all your keys back and not have to pay for the replacement of them, which can be inconvenient and very expensive.