We need a small community website designed and configured, for a homeowners' association.
We want the website configured based on existing open-source tools, possibly with a CMS such as Joomla or Drupal, or with WordPress, with very little, preferably no, custom code written. In your bid, please specify exactly which modules you cannot implement using existing open-source modules.
* The entire site must be easy to navigate for novice users, with focus on basic functionality.
* The homepage should be small and load quickly (a la Google), as not all users have a high-speed connection. It should contain:
- An attractive image and banner text that we can easily change
- A search bar, for those users that wish to make this page their homepage.
- A "Events Calendar" module that is visible to all, attractive, and easy for us to update. Ideally we would like upcoming events show on a calendar.
- A link to a page with admin contact info for the homeowners
- A link to a page with a street-level map of the village
* The homepage should also have a link to a residents-only area, with username and password protection. A single log-in shall provide users access to all features in this area, including:
- A full-function discussion forum
- A support ticket module, where users can request support from village management.
- A directory, with different categories for residents, contractors, etc
- A picture gallery
- A classified ads section
- A optional scheduling section, where residents can book the various venues available in the village, including tennis courts, function rooms, etc
- An optional module for polls and surveys
- We should be able to add other modules in the future, as the need arises
It must be easy for administrators to modify the structure of the forum, moderate discussions, add and delete users, confirm booking schedules, change passwords, etc.
Please note that the modules above, especially the optional ones, shall in this first phase of the project be installed ONLY if open-source modules exist, can be configured with the CMS, and do not require any custom coding. Any custom modules will be implemented as phase 2 of the website. Please specify in your bid which modules you believe you can implement/configure without writing any custom code.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Sep 23, 2010 8:45:41 AM:
For those of you who bid on this project last November 2009, thank you so much for your efforts and I apologize that the project was not awarded at that point in time. It took a long time for the board of directors of the homeowners' association to approve the project, but they have finally done so and I am now authorized to select a bidder and move forward. The project has been revived. Please let me know if you are still interested, by placing a bid, or sending me a message. Thank you! I promise that we will select a bidder in the next few weeks. There have been a few small changes in the requirements, kindly review them again. Thanks again for your patience.