We need an application that duplicates the built in SMS capabilities of a smart phone, with some advanced additions including:
Processes all sent and received SMS messages using my web service. The chosen developer will be given full details on this aspect.
User interface screenshots for Android and iPhone platform will be provided. Specs and expected upgrade functions are in the detailed document.
Only experienced coders will be considered. Your prior work must include iPhone, BB, and Android apps. App design is preferred, but not mandatory.
1. I need a smart phone application that duplicates the built in SMS
capabilities of the phone, with one important addition ***(12):
2. "Buddy list" screen; displays one recent "snippet" from each conversation
3. Allows option to delete all conversations, or one single conversation
4. "Conversation" screen:
5. Displays all messages from a conversation with one contact
6. Allows option to delete entire conversation, or one single message
7. Allows user to reply to conversation on same screen
8. Allows composition of SMS to new contact (chosen from address
book, or manually entered phone number)
9. Notifies user of incoming SMS messages
10. Standard settings options for sms apps
· Ring tone setting
· Vibrate option
· Notification upon incoming messages on/off
11. Multiple contacts messaging
12. ****. Processes all sent and received SMS messages using my web service. If we work together, I will elaborate, in detail, about this function.
**Requirements that may not be in the built in SMS app**
1. Upon installation, port existing message history into new app
2. Fetch and show sent messages if typed in another sms app
3. Save the draft of a message composed but not yet sent
4. Numbers and website addresses within a message need to be links so that a user may push on it and have relevant options, i.e. “call number?? “store in contacts?? “text number?? go directly to website if its an address.
5. Push Notification
6. Contact us Tab which may include a link to a video
**Necessary Business Functions**
HI. Free trial version
a. Integrate Admob or Mobclix ads into said free version
b. Integrate telephony API and or Flurry to get user demographics
c. Easy link for users to upgrade from free version to paid version
d. Possible trial version with expiration date
e. iPhone free version may be based on a number of free text messages allowed
H2. Paid version without the advertisements
** ** We will provide the UI for the android and iPhone platforms.
**Iphone:** I understand that there is no direct access to the sms function in the iphone sdk. I would like this app to act exactly like an sms function, but run through email. You can check out textfree, textplus and another texting app by GOGGII to experience the user side.
I Don’t want the text to show up from an e-mail address like that of text free text. It should show a number, if not possible, then show a name.
**BB:** Both the full touch screen and the standard half screen.
**Android:** the app needs to be compatible with all Android OS devices and screen sized.
Please include any ongoing maintenance costs.
**Upgrades to be expected in the coming months** (Not to be included in this job quote)
2. Text to Speech / audio pronounciation
3. Turning app into social network for users to connect.
a. Connect within the same platform, i.e. iphone to iphone
b. Connect across platforms within my app, i.e. iphone to android
4. Various other functions.
5. Search within the sms app. Highlight the word that is being searched for, improve upon handcent’s function. Upon clicking on the thread, it should go directly to word and see it highlighted.
6. Dictionary, thesaurus, examples of use on twitter or facebook
7. Self-quiz option
8. A website that will be able to register users onto the service and send and receive predefined sms.