We are a very small software consultancy who look after handful of end clients. So far we were using a excel/word to take care of the end user issues but now we are in a need of a web enabled support ticket system linked with a time booking for individual users.
I don't know any specific system to this bid it to get information on the open source systems available with following features.
I would prefer an integrated system with Knowledgebase, Time Booking and Support ticket system normally used at Software Houses.
For example :
1. A end user got a problem he would login at this portal and raise a ticket
2. This ticket should be categorised and allowed to a specific queue like Maintenance, New feature, Install etc
3. A ticket should allow user to assign a severity level for response time
4. Once ticket is in a specific queue, a employee should able to assign it to himself or leave it in that queue.
5. A time recording system should be linked at this stage to the ticket to log how much time was spent fixing the problem.
6. Management online/printed reports are must and different options should be provided to list hours spent on projects.
7. A ticket raised should have an option to push details to a knowledgebase which could be accessed by users later.
8. Every update to ticket should be emailed to queue owner/user
These are broad specs and please respond me with your ideas.