The site works as follow:
Site is composed of front end and a back-end content management.
Search by restaurant by name (from a large database of restaurants) or look through a list. Then when you click on the restaurant, you're presented with a list of clips (all hosted on youtube). You can click and watch the clips from youtube.
- Ability to add new restaurant (Name, Address, Phone number, type of cuisine, a few other fields)
- Ability to embed a video clip from youtube with several other fields that will stay with that clip on the site
- Ability to search the site by any of the stored fields and keywords
- All of the above must be written in Ajax with a gmail/youtube feel to it.
- User sign up page
- User profile includes their favorite restaurants and Favorited clips with functionality on each restaurant page and each clip to add to favorite.
- Rating and comments on all clips when signed in as user
Mobile friendliness on iPhone and Android phones.
It is more that acceptable to use an existing site/product as the basis for development, in fact it's preferred.