This application is to develop a web-based child sponsorship interface for people around the world to sponsor children in different countries. In each community, we will be placing a computer, an internet connection and a web cam per 300 students and a teacher. The teacher will have the kids come to the computer to document what they are doing as well as record web cam shots of the kids. The sponsors will be able to write (and see the web-based translations of the kids' writing) and encourage the kids to reach their goals, believe in themselves and progress with their lives (in addition to the monetary contributions).
We started the concept about 2 years ago with goal setting with young kids who were very poor, but had dreams, and were healthy and could write. The kids were very open to setting goals (visualizing them, believing in them, and working toward them), but needed additional money for uniforms, transportation, food. With encouragement and sponsors' help, the kids will be able to progress much farther in their life especially with the monetary help and emotional encouragement on a frequent basis that this model provides. Many other organizations provide only food and a letter once a year from a sponsor. This ongoing contact already has shown to be more effective and will change the lives and futures of these children.
We have a community in S. America and are starting this non-profit as a pilot program and after proving the concept will expand around the world. Goal is to reach 1,000,000 kids by 2009.
The programming needs to be modular, documented, commented and easy to change. Since the focus of this is to change the world, you must share the common vision. I would appreciate it also if you could reduce your normal fees so that we can work together to make a difference.
- recommend a CRM tool that will work on a linux server and help create a framework like [url removed, login to view] that can easily be edited without knowledge of programming or HTML (within CRM system)
- do the layout and design
Sponsor Features (person who goes to website)
- View different gifts and make online purchase using credit card or paypal
[url removed, login to view]
- Sponsor a child: [url removed, login to view] (allow searching by interests of child, goals of child, age, or sex). Show person 3 levels of sponsorship per child (basic, plus, and special and what the child receives for each level of sponsorship) Explain to sponsor that they will be able to interact online with their child as well as see ongoing videos of the child.
- Sign up as an affiliate (integrate with [url removed, login to view]'s affiliate program) for payment and tracking of commissions to marketing partners
- Log in to view the "blog" from the child(s) they are sponsoring. Using an online transaltion tool, show the page in the local language of the sponsor. Sponsor types in their own language and can upload videos or images to their messages back to the child.
- Create logons for different schools (each school manages 100-300 kids)
- View payment reports, sponsors, etc.
- Manage logons of sponsors
- Create individual child or group profiles. This way one profile can be created and all children from a school added to it. Profiles include what each of 3 giving levels gives to the kids and what each giving level includes (what kids get)
- View money received per school and generate reports of what should be given to each school for administration of funds. Allow for admin to confirm funds were used properly with an audit checking as well.
For The Schools
- Log on for the kids
- Easily allow each kid to add their "letters to sponsors" online typing in their local language as well as upload photos (from webcam) or store video into their profile (blog) easily. This has to be very simple with instructions translatable into local language.