Web Developer Needed to Bring [url removed, login to view], a Near Complete Website, to Completion and Launch.
Time Alloted: 1-2 month.
To browse the site, go to [url removed, login to view]
Only serious inquiries who can meet the budget and time allocated, please.
NEW DISCUSSION PAGE
NEW PROTOCOL PAGE
1. Link on verification mail opens a page which does not exist.
2. Mail format for sending mail needs to be under admin control
(for admin control and auto responded).
3. CAPTCHA on registration page
4. Uploading of picture/photo does not work after you have registered.
5. Change Password Feature does not work when you try to edit your profile after being registered.
6. After being registered, it's not possible to edit one's email. We need to offer that option so the admin is not peppered.
7. If a user is messaged on [url removed, login to view], then an email has to be sent to the user informing the user that s/he has been messaged with the bulk of the message text and that they should log into [url removed, login to view] to reply. When I messaged myself, I did not get a email notification.
8. Need to encrypt password and store in database.
1. Improve search options currently present in site. Keyword search to include all words in the discussion, including all fields. Bottomline, the search needs to be more robust.
2. Fixing Lab Ware Glass logo to be transparent with the logo tab
3. Change the color of CRI from white to something that is easy to read on a gray background
4. If we click on the name in teal color, it should take us to the profile page. It's cumbersome to press My Profile.
5. Align My Profile on the same horizontal line as Home, Discussion, Protocols,...and the text size of My Profiles should be the same as Home, Discussion, Protocols
6. Update the Copyright from 2007 to 2019 and put the copyright text under admin control
7. When we click on the tabs, could we make sure that the screen stays static. When we press on Protocols tab, the horizontal dimension of the site momentarily changes and it can be distracting.
8. In the "So how does this work?" box, change all instances of 'post pub' to PostPub. This text box does not need to be under admin control because it won't change and can't be updated.
9. Replace update here and keep your profile looking healthy to 'update your profile'
1. Error when we click on some favorites: [It returns the error message: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /[url removed, login to view] on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/[url removed, login to view] Server at [url removed, login to view] Port 80]
-PP? The site needs to be battletested for registered users, nonregistered users, and admin. This error might be a fluke but it needs to be explored.
2. Error when we click on creating a thread: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /[url removed, login to view] on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/[url removed, login to view] Server at [url removed, login to view] Port 80
3. Keyword search does not work. Nogo 66 is entered but there are no matches.
4. Arrange information in each discussion box. Discussion info on top with RI and comment. Paper info below with CRI. Mouse over on the RI and CRI buttons expanding them. GCT: Our Question:- We need to expand RI and CRI buttons on mouse over on discussion page ([url removed, login to view]) and home page. Kindly provide detail regarding the same for example the glow in buttons is required or we need to increase size. --> PP: The a brief preview needs to be provided on mouse over so the user does not have to move to a different page.
5. Change the flag sign to a report abuse sign.
6. Ensure the text in all the alerts is appropriate. GCT-> Our Question:- Kindly let us know if we need to check on registration page. PP---> We need admin control to write in the text that go into the alerts. Obviously we want to put as many things on autopilot that make sense.
7. "In comments section, currently only 3 being displayed. To display atleast 10 in the page" if possible and allow the option of seeing them in multiples of 10 in the following pages. GCT-> 1hr for each page Need to display 10 listing in pages.
8. To what address are feedbacks going? GCT->Our Question:- The feedback section is not working do we need to add a section. PP -> Agreed the feedback section and emailing needs to work.
NEW DISCUSSION PAGE
1. Provide Admin Access so that we can make a customized template email that will be sent to the corresponding Author. The script for automatically sending out that email may or may not be written. It needs to be written because that's how the site grows. The template email tells the author that he has had 20 comments and s/he will get an invite code to join the site. Correct the site when email goes out to the corresponding author. Must be after 20 comments as of now. However the number of comments should be under admin control.
2. Include a legend for RI. RI is our lingo for Reproducibility Index but it does not have currency. We need a legend explaining or put it on a sliding scale where it is obvious that one end is reproducible and the other end is not reproducible.
NEW PROTOCOL PAGE
1. To get the adding favourite papers to work throughout the site
2. Need to replace favourite links with favourite papers. In Favourite page. ([url removed, login to view])
3. Improve the quality of the icons for Add favorites and Remove Favorites. The difference in size does not look good. Using the MSN logo for favorites does not easily translate in the mind that we're favoriting an article.
1. Cancel the send message to self function in my profile. Need to remove send message box on own profile.
2. Correct error in display of fields in my profile page. "The address shows city name followied by space, then comma. " Should be comma then space. Also country name is being truncated.
1. Ability to edit the text of the Bottom Links from an admin control. For example. we need to thank Yale Entrepreneurial Society (with a hyperlink to them) for being our initial sponsor in the Sponsors bottomlink. We would like to do this on the fly. For example, "In the team link, we need to add the following text-"[url removed, login to view] thanks the Yale Entrepreneurial Society Social Entrepreneurship Y2K/50K competition for initial seed funding
2. Team Bios are out of date. We need admin control, not just over the text, but also the photos.
4. Include a link after Help/FAQs to the PostPub facebook fan page and app:: <[url removed, login to view]> AND <[url removed, login to view]>
5. To change team images since grainy. All to send in fresh images to Renie with any update in profiles if they deem necessary. GCT-> Ok. You will be providing images. --> Put this under admin control and we will upload sharper images.
Admin control is needed for the bottom links
Admin control is needed for inviting users with a special invite
Admin control is needed to remove users
Admin control is needed to message users
Install the latest version of WordPress in order to get the Subscribe Blog link at the bottom of the site to work
Setup free Google Mail Apps for [url removed, login to view] so that addresses like <privacy@[url removed, login to view]> forwards email from users to the team. We also request addresses such as <nico@[url removed, login to view]> or <anand@[url removed, login to view]> or <james@[url removed, login to view]>
* * *
1. [WU1]The gradient on the boxes (gray to white) is too stark. This is true for the entire website. Needs to be more mellow.
2. The top bar needs a 'sign in', 'sign out' or 'signup' link as appropriate, throughout the site.
DELETE ZIP EXTENSION AND OPEN THE ATTACHED FILE AS PDF