TBC Software, has since 1998 provided the ability to capture time and attendance data via a Palm OS application.
That program uses "normal" palm hot-sync conduits to pick up employee names and job codes from the syncing PC and to drop off time and attendance data to the syncing PC.
We now desire to have the *exact same functionality* as the existing program, but INSTEAD of using sync to drop off and pick up the information, rather to use HTTP GET to pick up lists of employees and jobs, and HTTP PUT to drop off those employees and jobs.
A bound palm emulator running the existing 4Data program is attached as a part of this project, along with a Word document which is the user manual for that program.
The project goal is to have the SAME FUNCTIONALITY in a palm OS program which in the setup information has the ability to enter a URL where that palm device can drop off work, and pick up employees and jobs.
We will develop the exact format of the data to be dropped off and picked up in consultation with the developer (in the current version the custom conduits drop off and pick up CSV files. That would be VERY CONVENIENT but is not required.)
**DO NOT RESPOND** if you have not downloaded and reviewed the emulator and docs and are not prepared to discuss the details of this implimentation.
Functional testing and acceptance will require:
* that all functionality in the bound emulator be present in the resulting product except for syncing via the conduits The program must operate click-for-click the same except for syncing.
* that the resulting product be able to pick up and drop off the same data that the existing program using HTTP gets and puts
* That the program run on a Treo device and communicating using the Treo's HTTP abilities over the cellular network
* That the program run on a non-cell-phone palm device equipped with WIFI interface and the program be able to communicate using the WIFI connection.
NOTE: Source code for existing program
***is not*** available to coders.
Updated manual for existing program, PDB files and an unbound emulator can be found at
[url removed, login to view]
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jul 16, 2008 12:50:12 PM:
In the zip file for the project, I had included the manual for the WINDOWS version of 4data not the palm version. This has led to some confusion. Additionally, some coders have requested the PDB files used by the program. A correct manual, and the PDB files can be found at [url removed, login to view] until the bidding is closed. Thank you for your interest.