Need a process and a script, written in bash, that will formalize the synchronization of our website from dev to live.
Site is a combination of static and dynamic pages, the dynamic pages are generated by Expression Engine with a mysql back end.
Process should include;
1. Initial creation of site repo and check out to dev server
2. Instructions on how to use repo on dev server as web root
3. Sync Expression Engine database from live (producton) to dev for use in preview and testing prior to push to live
4. Instructions on how to update dev site and check in changes to local dev repository.
5. Instructions on how to push to live repository (production site), over ssh.
Recommendations on how to complete the above are welcomed.
*Developers will not have access to the live site (production)
*All dev will be done on the dev server and be pushed to live by marketing,
As a result, it needs to be traceable, and "idiot proof".