Directory Functionality Needed:
We are planning to release 3 directories and want functionality similar to that provided by something like "PHP Link Directory" but also it must be able to do the following:
1. Must be able to brand the directory i.e. insert corporate logo at the top of the website
3. Directories will effectively be a 2D matrix of locations and categories i.e. the user can either drill-down on location then category (i.e. London... Plumber...) or by category then location i.e. (i.e. Hair dresser... Birmingham).
4. Categories will be on the left and place names will be displayed more centrally
5. Three adverts per page (i.e. area), these are bookable in monthly slots
6. Adverts can be images or flash, standard advert sizes are: 468x60 for horizontal ads in the content area of the page and 125x125 if shown on either the left or right margin. The positioning of the ads is controlled in the admin interface.
7. Three featured (paid) listings in each page (i.e. area)
8. These are followed by standard listings (paid) and then free listings (Note the free listings can only be added via the admin interface i.e. users cannot submit details of their business to the directory for inclusion in it without paying).
9. Clicking one of the hyperlinks takes you to the ‘detail’ page for that site on the directory site i.e. does not directly link to the subscriber’s site at this stage.
10. On each site's 'detail' page there is a 'contact site' form that allows people to contact (hidden email) the site in question – they will receive an email addressed from the user. Message can be cc'd to the user for their reference too.
11. Only paid-for submissions are accepted.
12. New submissions will all be manually verified before being added.
13. Details to be captured for submissions are:
a. Submitter's name
b. Business name
c. Email address
d. Address / postcode
e. Telephone / fax
f. Phone number
g. Main products / services offered
h. Blurb about the company
14. Payment for sponsorship / premium listings etc is taken online via paypal
15. Meta / title tags etc can be defined for each page
16. Directory will have a search facility
17. Auto-generated site-map
18. Usual admin functions / reports i.e. whose paid, what’s coming up for payment, email contact, income statement, delisting sites (for abuse) etc.
19. Easy to follow instructions for installing the script on a new site
20. Option to add a prefix to table names during installation (i.e. so we can run the 3 directories from the same MySQL database).
We don't mind if the provided solution is based on how an existing directory script works but we need total control over branding i.e. no restrictions in terms of providing 'acknowledgement' / 'designed by' type of links to another site or hidden copyrights in source code etc. By bidding you agree that once you have been paid for the work the copyright of the code belongs solely to us.
Test web server with full FTP access, MySQL database connection details etc will be provided.
I hope I've been thorough enough to enable you to bid for the work, I look forward to hearing from you soon.