There are a few components, and the engine is OsCommerce.
1. Database and Shop Front:
The site should take a daily data feed (data will be received via ftp, but directory should be polled and import happen when a new file is received), and display all items, categorised for sale in the shop front. The feed will be 2 x .csv files (zipped)
By default, all customers should be "guest" until they create an account. As well as the usual customer information, there should be a "markup" field that is only accessable from the backend, where I can put their markup in. eg. a large customer may get a 5% markup, while a "guest" may get a 15% markup - this needs to be calculated in the prices shown to the customer.
3. There should be the usual flow of a sale. Browse, select, checkout, payment, confirmation, tracking, status, shipping, etc. Customers should be able to pay by credit card, paypal, or have their account flagged (by me only) as a credit account with a credit limit in place.
4. I should be able to email customers (in bulk) from the site database.
5. I am using [url removed, login to view] for hosting, and I am also using the tools they provide, so most templates, etc should be available there.
6. A newsletter system. Customers should have the option of being able to sign up for my newsletter.
7. I think that's all (but I may have missed something?)
We need someone who:
# Has experience in developing with OsCommerce
# Has reference sites and references
# Is methodical in their approach and can turn around fixes in short timeframes
# There is likely to be an ongoing maintenance requirement also - an hour or 2 per month?