This job is a survey routine. The mock-up pages ate attached as a zip. The job is to:
1. The survey is to be installed on a given site.
2. The questions are in questions.html. That page shows all the pop-up texts in one document, but they are to be divided into 9
pop ups, each the size of the area shown in [url removed, login to view], with a grey border as shown.
3. Each 20th entrant to the site is asked the opening question. If the answer is 'yes' then ask questions 1 - 7 and after Q7 finish with end.
In other words, not each entrant is asked the opening question, it is 1 in 20. The code must allow that function can be changed to
in every xx entrants.
4. The install must contain a routine where any reader's IP address is recorded so that if on the first question the answer is no then
that IP address will not be asked again for 30 days. The code must allow that function can be changed to not asked again in yy days.
5. As each question 1 through to 7 is answered record the answers in a data base so any data can be recovered. We need to record
the date answers and if the IP address is australian or non-australian.
6. The answers will output in results html. You can see with each question 1 - 7 the answers are shown as raw numbers answering
yes and no and the total answering each, and those raw numbers as a percentage. The answers are also shown as a bar graph where
the length of the image is x2 of the percentage i.e. make the image length x2 of the percentage and it will fit to scale. At the top of the page
is a 'snapshot' which picks up some numbers from the answers.
7. Results html will also need to be done as a second version where the raw numbers are now shown, just the % figures.
8. Results shows how we will initially display, but the data base results must be flexible enough sow e can extract any data we like.
9. The work must be documented so any other programmer can follow what has been written.
10. Please make an allowance in your quote for standard things like warning messages is submit is clicked with no selection made.
11. All codes etc must insofar as possible be inside one folder called /survey
In accordance with our standard terms and to save problems we have had with one programmer before you must agree:
a. all code for this job becomes our exclusive property and we may use then or any of them for any purpose, even if we change the questions.
b. you retain no rights to use the code for your own or any other purpose. you may not re-sell the codes to anyone else.
c. we can use the codes anywhere in the world.
d. we may ask for a formal legal assignment of the codes before payment.
e. you must warrant the codes have been written by you alone and you have capacity to transfer ownership in the codes.
f. payment will be made when the job is complete and tested. testing involves 100 trial entries where the codes work.
g. you must warrant the routine will continue to work bug fee, and you will fix any bugs.
h. we reserve the right to retain 30% of the job cost for 3 months as a retention to be released if the code then works as specified.
i. the agreement to write the code is governed by the laws of Australia, as our business is in Australia.
We look forward to your quote. Please ask any questions you like.