We are company who specialize on short term rentals. We have around 30 apartments/villas now however in 18 months we will have around 150 apartments to manage.
We already selling our rooms on OTA websites like [url removed, login to view], Expedia or Agoda.
And here is my main concern:
We have different buildings with apartments/villas and every building has its own account (user name/password) with OTA websites.
3 different buildings names = 3 different accounts
So my questions is, can you connect everything under one account? I have noticed that other companies who using channel manager have for example chain of hotels under different names and even locations.
I am not sure how it works and if it even possible. Obviously we cannot have 1 channel manager for every different building. We gonna have around 15 buildings...
Can you suggest a solution?
PLEASE BID ONLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SIMILAR PROJECT! Also I would like to see example of another channel manager you have created.
- All inventory is reduced across all sites when a booking is made from any site
- Effective way to maintain rate parity through all OTA sites
- Effectively and efficiently manage online inventory from one place
- DashBoard - Single Login to manage all our hotels
- All updates (inventory and pricing) happen on a real time basis.
- Change rates on a daily basis, keeping up with demand and maximising sales
- Manage your inventory across a range of distribution channels and make double-bookings a thing of the past