We are using Moodle to create online courses. We would like a way to more easily create new courses and associated content resources according to our specifications using an PHP form that calls Moodle's API.
We are using Moodle to create online courses. We would like a way for an administrative user to quickly create new courses and associated content resources, according to our specifications. These specifications are:
1) From an HTML/PHP form, enter a new Moodle course with a specified name, short name, and number of sections.
2) Display course categories available in the system and enable user to choose the category from a drop-down list in the HTML/PHP form.
3) In each section of the course created by the script, create two stub HTML page resources, one called "Introduction," the other called "Notes". The stub HTML can be hard-coded (the content should just consist of a header, no actual content).
4) Create two discussion forums for the course, one called "News and Announcements" and the other called "Questions for Instructor". Students should be auto-subscribed to the News and Announcements forum.
5) Add the appropriate security check(s) so that only the site admin can run it.
6) This form does not have to be integrated into the Moodle UI (we've implemented it as a standalone form that runs in a Moodle subdirectory). Also, the design of the form is not an issue (this will not be user-facing and you can use the basic design we've already developed).
We've developed a PHP form (which we can share with you) that does the basics of #1 (creates the new Moodle course with the specified number of sections). We need a PHP coder with Moodle experience to finish the rest of the requirements.
**Update 1. Dec 2010**: Edited requirements to remove reference to "automatically creating" courses -- this process will be initiated by a human administrator who will complete an HTML/PHP form, which will then create the course and associated content resources.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Dec 1, 2010 1:04:20 PM:
Hi, We've made some changes to this project to clarify the requirements. Please have a look at the project description and let us know if you have any questions. And thanks for your bid!