I run a web shop. I have competitors. We have tough price competition.
I want to know when a competitor offers for a given product a cheaper price than me.
I need a kind of price robot.
I'll feed the system with the URLs and html id's or classes of each of the competitors price tags (e.g. <div class="article_details_price"><strong>269,00 € *</strong></div> or <span class="price" id="product-price-23"> 119,00 € </span>)
The system need to display the product prices of the given competitors and highlight the cheapest one. The comparison shall be made once every day. In case a cheaper price than mine is detected, I need to get an email about that fact.
A web based solution is preferred.
I am adding the following requirements because I don't want to run into discussions later:
- of course everything should be stored in a database called "price_comparison"
- there are actually around 10 shops, but the solution should be able to handle more than this number
- it should be possible to exclude some shops from the alert system (via checkbox). This might be achieved with having a db-table "shops" storing the root URL of the shops (long with the ID's and classes of the price tag) and a character comparision because the product links start with the same root URL. Just my 2 cents.
- there are 80-100 different products the solution has to take care of, but the system should be capable to handle more products than that
- I want to manually entry the product name and then the system should create a respective db-table "products" for this product
- After entering the product name, I will insert the respective links for this product which will be stored in the db-table "products", field "product_link".
- After crawling the links, the price should be stored in db-table "products", field "price" along with the crawling date in field "crawl_date".
- I want to enter/admin everything from a web form, not directly manipulating the db (not phpmyadmin ect)
- storage of the notification email in db-table "setup".
Price comparison output (all on one page):
- first product names in alphabetical order with links to the respective price comparison table for this product
- I want to have the db output of the individual products sorted by price, ascending.
- appearance by css, not hard coded.
I'm open for further suggestions...
10 freelancers are bidding on average €244 for this job
Would accomplish this with some html parsing scripts in Perl. I assume you already have a (web) server running where these scripts can be installed.