We are running an awards show and need a form for users to submit votes to us in private. Once they have voted, we need the user to confirm they are real via email confirmation.
This will be used inside a Wordpress website, so needs to be embeddable in someway inside a WP template file.
I only need the system to be built so the script works and the info is stored in a database, all analysis will be done separately.
High Level Overview of Process
1) Voting Process
- voting page
- user enters their votes (autocomplete form database)
- enters name and email (email checking)
- ticks terms and conditions / mailing list (Mailchimp)
- submits to database and sends confirmation email (sent via Mandrill/or similar)
- see confirmation page
2) Confirming Process
- user receives confirmation email
- clicks link to confirm their email (link needs to be secure/random)
- can then confirm their votes, or edit them and then resubmit
- final confirmation page with ability to share votes on social media
email sent to confirm their votes
- votes and user details are stored in database
- confirmation yes or no stored
- time and date of vote/confirmation stored
- IP address of user stored
- Location (via GEO IP?) stored
- Identifying info stored - user agent
- Need to be able to copy and paste in lists of nominations / vote suggestions per category
- Each category needs title and descriptive text
We have based the voting on a users email address - however if are able to integrate other identification systems, like Facebook Connect / OpenID or similar, that can save the user typing their info, this may be interesting. It may also open up more sharing options for the user.
Our server is LAMP. We need this script created before December 24th, so we are ideally looking for an immediate start to ensure its ready with plenty of time.
This is a fairly simple script to make - we expect your bids to be in the lower range of the desired spend amount