Classified Website General concept
I am looking for someone to create a classified list similar to [url removed, login to view] but with some difference. I saw a PHP script being sold at [url removed, login to view] , which looks pretty good, and it seems that a good programmer could modify it to fit my needs. Although I would be open to any suggestions on how to get this done. These are some of the most important qualities of a programmer that I will need:
1) Very smart and qualified to do the job
2) Experienced with this type of site development.
3) Great communication
4) On going service. I am sure I will need more work in the future, so you MUST be available more in the future.
6) Can suggest the best way for me to get my job done at the best prices. I will need help understanding what I need to spend (Hosting, email servers, email software, etc, buy template PHP script, etc)
The website will have four main parts; consumer posting, member discussing/posting , shopping/services listings , and event calendar. It will have similarities to [url removed, login to view] and some other sites that I will show to you later, but also some key differences.
1) Consumer classifieds – This will be a “free” section for consumer to post ads. The user name will not be shown unless the person viewing it also logs in. Ads will last for 14 days.
2) Discussion Forums – This will be a “free” section for consumer to post ads. The user name will not be shown unless the person viewing it also logs in. Posts will last forever.
3) Services & Shopping – This section is paid only. Businesses will post here for a period of 1 year. Prices range based on type of business and size of business.
4) Event calendar – This section is also a paid and prices vary based on type of submission (Some may be free)
a. Special Sections – This section has several unique links, and the access to modify will be limited to certain users.
Member Table – Will have several types of options to register
1) Guest –
a. No registration required. Anyone visiting the site can see all of the ads, all of the posts,
b. but can not see the users names of who posted in the free posting sections.
c. He can not post.
2) Limited Access –
a. This user will not provide personal information
b. , and will only be able to post if their post is approved by the website administrator.
c. They will also not be able to see the names of the people who post.
3) User Full Access –
a. When this user logs in, he will be able to post ads immediately
b. and see the names of the people who posted.
c. These users will be asked for more detailed information, and some personal information.
i. User Name Creation – The user name will be created based on the first name, last name, and if there are any other similar names in the database already. Example: If the name is Sarah Schwartz, the user name will be “Sarah S”. If there is already a Sarah S” in the database then the user name will be “Sarah S2”.
4) Business/Paid user – Will be able to modify information that is in their paid advertisement. Each Business user must also register as a full access member.
Services/Shopping – the customers in this section will have the following things in the link of their post.:
1) Business Name
2) Link to Website
3) Brief 2 line explanation about them
4) Link to print out a coupon (Which they can create and control)
5) Link/Mouse over to a 8x10 PDF file about them.
6) Ability to email the customer on the spot
7) Ability to email the entire group category of customers all at once.
Discount Table – Will have various Codes/etc for various types of discounts:
1) 10% off for every 10 emails that you supply to “tell a friend” up to 40% off.
2) 10% off if you create a coupon to be seen online.
Email entire category of people - This will have all of the email contact info for various members
Email Table “tell a friend” - This will list the member, and the list of emails that they want to send a message to in their name about the website.
Event Table – Will list the events and have links to websites or PDF’s.
Discussion Boards/Classifieds – There should be an option to flag a post for breaking rules. Repeat offenders will lose membership. Discussion postings should be sorted by recent posts then by most popular discussions.
Real Estate Section – This is the only section that you can upload picture too.
Price List Email – people will be able to request a price list. To do this they should become a free member, then we can send a price list via email.
Daily Email list – members will have an option to see a list of all new posts/ads/et. On a daily email. The email will first list any new sponsor who is either new or creates a new coupon. Then all other postings/classifieds will be listed.
QUICK LIST of main differences to a typical classified site.
• Require Certain info to register/post, with different rules
• Certain Sections are limited to who can post
• Event Calendar will be a listing with website links
• Some Sections in post I want PDF links to click/mouse over.
• That all posters names in certain sections are blocked unless the user logs in.
• Limited Access vs Full Access – limited members must have the posts approved first by administrator
• Automatic User Name Creator.
• Discounts off of price for giving email address of friends and other things
• Email an entire group at once.
• Daily Emails of all new posts to my customers
Sample Ad Posts
Coupon Link About Us (.PDF) [url removed, login to view] Bobs stores offer the finest in clothing anywhere in the New York Area. Call us toady
Coupon Link About Us (.PDF) [url removed, login to view]
At Harold’s, we make sure the service is great
18 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1456 para este trabalho
Hi, i am very interested to work on this project and can start immediately, please check pmb for the height of experience and quality of work. Regards, Tarun