We require a very simple database driven 'mini site' that will be used in conjunction with a site that we are creating.
From the main site, visitors will be able to click a link for 'View Properties'. The resulting page will show a list of all available properties. This listing page will show a thumbnail of the property, the first line of the address, the post code, the number of bedrooms, the number of bathrooms, the monthly rental cost and the first X characters of the property description (this value can be set in the admin section and changed at any time) and a 'more info' button or link that takes the visitor through to the full details of the property.
These listings can then be sorted by price, date added, number of bedrooms or number of bathrooms.
For the property details page, it must show the main image and additional images below as thumbnails. All images can then be clicked on to be viewed in a lightbox or similar. It also shows the full property details.
This listing page must also the following information, which is specified in the admin section when adding a new property:
Number of Floors
Tax Band (in admin this is selected from a drop down list containing options A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
Status (in admin this is a drop down list containing the options Available and Unavailable)
The listing page also has a link for a printer friendly version of the page (will print a single A4 page containing all property images and details), an option to email the property to a friend and an option to contact the site owner about the property. When clicking on this last option, a contact form which is automatically populated with the property details (name and reference number) allows the visitor to enter their name, phone number, email address (all required) and add a message (optional). The email address that this form sends to can be specified and changed at any time from the admin.
The admin section needs to be password secured, with the ability to change the password within the admin after logging in.
Upon logging in to the admin the site owner is shown a list of ALL properties. On each row, there are the following options for each property:
- Edit - allows the site owner to go in and change all options and images for the property
- Delete - removed the property from the database
- Enable - allows the property to be shown on the 'front end' of the site
- Disable - means that the property does not get shown on the 'front end' of the site, but it is still in the database and can be re-enabled at any time.
In the admin there will also be a 'Settings' section where the site owner can specify the following:
- Email address(es) that the enquiry form submits to. Needs to support multiple email addresses
- Ability to reset the password for admin login
- Number of characters of the property description shown on the listing page
- Default sort option for the listing page
In the admin there will be the option for adding a new property. When adding a property, the site owner needs the following options:
- Upload images (up to 6)
- Property name (text field)
- Address Line 1 (text field)
- City (text field)
- Post Code (text field)
- Number of Bedrooms (text field)
- Number of Bathrooms (text field)
- Number of Floors (drop down list with options 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Year Built (text field)
- Garage/Parking (text field)
- Price (text field)
- Features (text area, where each new line is displayed as a new line on the property details page)
- Tax Band (drop down list containing options A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
- Status (drop down list containing the options Available and Unavailable)
I have attached a graphic for how the main site will look. We will handle the styling of the mini-site, however it must NOT contain any tables. The property details page must show the images in a similar format to this: [url removed, login to view]