Looking to develop a graphical front end to the linux traffic control command set (TC in conjunction with IPTABLES etc)
Ideally would like an interface and functionality similar to Firewall builder ([[login to view URL]]) but doesnt have to be anywhere near as comprehensive as that yet.. But the idea of a 'compiler' making a basic TC script based on a graphical representation of requirements is appealing..
Any language acceptable, but the higher level the better
I require that the developer release copyright ownership of the original source to me, I will then release the source under the GPL if it performs as expected..
My basic goal is to promote open source code writing and this seems to be one of the best methods for me to do so..
This code is being developed for me (not the company I work for or any other 3rd party) soley because I lack any and all tallent required to implement my ideas personally.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. That code is to:
a]Provide a graphical tool that allows the definition of multiple interfaces attached to a linux router/server
b]Allows graphical definition of traffic shaping ruleset
c]Allows definition of maximum bandwith available by %age and absolute values.. Including support for bursts and ceilings
d]supports CBQ and HTB qdiscs
e]able to create a script such as that at <[login to view URL]> section 15 (Cookbook)
f]Supports inbound AND outbound qdiscs
g]Supports basic filtering through u32
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. (RPM preferable but NOT required)
4) I require that the developer release copyright ownership and distribution rights of the original code to me, I will then release the source under the GPL if it performs as expected..
5)My basic goal is to promote open source code writing and this seems to be one of the best methods for me to do so..
*)This code is being developed for me (not the company I work for or any other 3rd party) soley because I lack any and all tallent required to implement my ideas personally.
This tool is expected to be developed for a GUI that can support drag/drop
This tool is expected to have two primary components
1) The GUI interface that shows interfaces and the traffic shaping and filtering requirements visually
2) The compiler that makes a simple TC/IPTABLES shell script that can be activated/deactivated using the traditional init.d scripts
It is STRONGLY recommended that you look at [[login to view URL]] to get an idea of the development concepts
Linux redhat 9 is the preferred platform, other platforms will be considered with sufficient justification.