Document installation of Websphere 4 AND Websphere 5 Application Server Enterprise Edition (Linux Edition) on a FreeBSD machine.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Detailed description :
This will require documentation of every part of the installation - from partitioning the FreeBSD with an FTP install - all the way through to the final Websphere installation.
This should not be a difficult item to accomplish to a BSD specialist or an IBM Websphere implementation specialist
The documentation should be extremely thorough - detailing every keystroke that was entered to achieve a successful installation.
Root Access will be granted to a session on a virtual machine to accomplish this if necessary.
- FreeBSD "STABLE" would preferably be used - but not necessary providing justification can be shown.
- Installation of FreeBSD should be performed through FTP using the floppy disk access (provided)
- Installation of Websphere should be retricted to Websphere Enterprise Edition 4.0 AND Websphere 5.0
- Installation of Oracle will be necessary as a Websphere Configuration Database
- Installation of Apache should be the preferable web server
- All the products should be installed and configured with recommended security on the local machine
1. Technical Documentation of the Websphere installation
2. A fully working FreeBSD implementation of Websphere on the provided machine.
Please note : "Fully working Websphere" means that the adminclient comes up and correctly connects to the server - and that the example Websphere Application Server demonstration application can be shown to be working correctly.