Quite simply, a software solution providing the same functionality and structure as Access XP. The product must:
1) Be able to create, open and edit jet databases
2) Have the same basic Access functionality, eg. Tables, Forms, Queries, and Reports
3) Be designed to allow for support of a VBA scripting language for custom apps
4) Have support for database diagrams with relations
5) To be able to create runtime versions that are read only from a design perspective (mde vs mdb)
6) Be able to create a Project file () that does not store any db data (accept for forms etc) , like Access Project files for SQL.
In general, an experience as close as possible to Access XP. It should be written in a way that makes it easy to port to other platforms like linux. Openoffice DB functions and scripting can be used to achieve these features. Below is the openoffice specification for a DB client which is pretty close to what we want. [url removed, login to view]
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.